In What Area is Money Serving You? In What Area is it Not?
Many of us struggle with money – or lack of it – now and then. However, we do not necessarily struggle in all areas. This is an important detail of which to take note. For example, perhaps we are always lucky to land the right job at the right time; but we seem to always have an issue with having enough to pay our bills. Perhaps, we are blessed when it comes to people paying for our dinners or other things we need; but we often have breakdowns with our car or other maintenance issues. Maybe it’s that we are extremely lucky in winning money; but the next day, we have an accident and there goes the whole lot we’ve just won.
Why does this happen?
There is a reason why, in some financial areas we seem to thrive and in others, we are barely surviving. The discrepancy between these areas is where lies our personal growth; and ultimately, our financial growth. Our success is dependent on getting these areas healed and in order.
For example, if money often seems to come to us easily; but then a few days later, our car breaks down and it just happens to be exactly or close to the amount we have just “luckily” received, chances are we have a subconscious, core belief that we either do not deserve the blessing we have been given or we do not truly believe that we are lucky or fortunate or that our luck will last.
We may be in a perpetual struggle between two conflicting beliefs because our father was always stating that he had the “luck of the Irish”, but we perpetually heard our mother say, “Oh, I just can’t get a break!”
We are often fed many misleading and negative ideas regarding money and finances and sometimes we’ve heard so many conflicting beliefs, we continue to create them in our adult lives. I don’t know about you, but this can be very tiring and frustrating!
How do we break free of these beliefs once and for all?
Sometimes, it is as simple as recognizing them, writing them down and saying to ourselves that we no longer need these beliefs and they no longer serve us. At other times, if they are deep-seated beliefs or there is a great deal of emotion attached to them; it may require that we seek outside help from a psycho-therapist, spiritual healer, hypnotist or any other professional that can help us get to the bottom of these core beliefs. The other very effective technique that can release triggers and blockages is E.F.T: Emotional Freedom Tapping Technique (please refer to my series on E.F.T on my right sidebar of my blog for more information regarding it).
Mediation is a key strategy at getting to our core beliefs, because it is in this meditative state between full consciousness and semi-sleep that we can send messages to our subconscious successfully. Here are some key strategies to try within a meditative state:
1. As I have mentioned in my other posts regarding this money series, watching and listening to subliminal training videos can be very helpful to begin our journey to financial freedom.
How to Think Like a Millionaire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXPIVsDLRAM
2. Harv T Ecker is another expert on changing our money blueprint or mindset by thinking like the rich, instead of from a poverty mentality:
3. Focusing on an item that is symbolic of financial freedom can also be very helpful. I have a picture of the type of car I am intending to own in the next few months and it happens to be a car that represents for me that I am in a very lucrative financial position. I imagine driving this particular car into my family’s driveway, right down to taking my dog cage out of the car and seeing my family coming out and greeting me to have a look at my new car. I currently enjoy and treasure the car I am driving, but I often imagine I am driving my new car when I am behind the wheel of my current one; I even imagine how much higher I will sit in the driver’s seat.
4. Visualizing Exercises: These are exercises regarding forgiveness and letting go of our parents’ beliefs about money and wealth, which can be very effective. I have visualized conversations with my parents; they are asking me for forgiveness for teaching me their limited views regarding money; and I am forgiving them and accepting from them a wonderful gift that they are happy to bestow upon me, allowing me to be physically and financially free from their home and moving towards my financially free lifestyle.
5. The key is to meditate on or visualize things that actually bring us into a state of feeling associated with owning or having wealth. For example, when I imagine driving my new vehicle, I can actually feel the excitement and the joy of the experience. If repeating affirmations about being a proud owner – (I am not limiting the Universe as to how it wants to bring me this car – or speaking over myself that I have to earn the money for it) – of this vehicle registers on a scale from 1-10 at about a 6, then actually visualizing driving it and feeling the emotions attached to the experience, puts us at a level of 9-10. This higher level is what will cause our subconscious and the Universe to respond more effectively to our request or desire.
Check Out Tony Robbins “How to Breakthrough”:
Next Post: How to Create a New Blueprint for Our Money Consciousness. Part 4 of 5 Series.